So, a very long time ago when we moved here one of the attic rooms was boxed in with plasterboard and some visitors remarked that with a lick of paint you could use it…. However to repair the roof and asses the structure and timbers it had to be ripped out. In doing so we found it in good order really, we found a fireplace and beautiful old woodwork and panelling.
We got permission to leave the roof exposed and remove the now redundant ceiling joists. So we got to work taking the joists out and got the electrician in to move some cables through a different part of the house.
We then gave everything a good clean and dust.
We’ve just received permission from the conservation officer to replace the not so old little windows either side of the fireplace, so Matt has been commissioned to make those for us. Another update on this room will follow soon no doubt!