Well, not strictly new, but they look like new. I haven’t posted in a while because we’ve been working on 4 doors and so I thought I’d wait and do them all in one post.
The first door we repaired I don’t have a clear ‘before’ picture so the finished one will have to do. Owen made a new sill and then stripped it and oiled it with linseed oil and then painted it with 3 coats of linseed paint. The frame was also repaired and treated in the same way.
We got permission to replace this rotten door with one that we found at a local reclamation yard. We had to strip the new old door, oil and paint with linseed paint again, but we love this new, old door!
The great news is that we’ve had the conservation officer here to check on our progress on the repair schedule which we’ve agreed legally to complete by July, and she has signed off the works as it is! So the pressure is off and now we can start doing work to the old skittle alley and dirt floor room, but not today 😊
That will be another post…