Almost finished the oak room

Except for a couple of doors that need to be hung we finished the oak room, formerly known as the dirt floor room! With the wainscot panelling coming together bit by bit in Owens workshop we got to work on the walls. We used beautiful clay paint and to top it off the colour we…

A mini celebration and more lime plastering…

We have been trying to get a mortgage since February when the pub was officially granted residential use and it’s been a slog to be honest. Our mortgage brokers deserve a medal having got their heads around our unusual set up here and then conveying that to banks who prefer boxes to be ticked!  Well…

The ‘oak floor’ room

We took receipt of the beautiful character grade oak floorboards recently and they’ve kept us busy… I can confirm that hammering cut nails into solid oak is hard work! Owen could whack them in with a fair few hits, whereas I was still banging them with about 30 smacks of the hammer – I kid…

Happy New Doors!

Well, not strictly new, but they look like new. I haven’t posted in a while because we’ve been working on 4 doors and so I thought I’d wait and do them all in one post. The first door we repaired I don’t have a clear ‘before’ picture so the finished one will have to do.…

Team MB start demolition works!

As you know we have moved our work outside while we have no risk of frost, because lime mortar doesn’t like it. In the last post we showed some pics of the back of the building and it’s that  job that we continue with… Having hired a concrete saw and smasher and a skip we…